You want to start getting healthier and losing weight … but you have no clue where to start so you do a two hour late night Google search. You figure out an in depth plan for yourself and are determined to start the next day.
Three days later and you’ve quit, again, due to being so overwhelmed. You are back at square one, except now you feel even more defeated.
Does this sound like you?
How to start your weight loss journey
I’m here to tell you that starting a weight loss journey doesn’t have to be so dang complicated, despite what the internet will have you believe.
With these 5 easy steps, you will feel confident in starting your own weight loss journey that you can stick to!
- Track your food intake using My Fitness Pal or pen and paper. Now look, I didn’t say track your calories – track your food. Figure out what you’re eating now, and assess where you can make improvements.
- Eat a lean to moderately lean protein source at each meal & snack. Protein is incredibly important for a whole wide range of reasons.
- Make ½ your plate veggies. Just this simple trick will help balance your plate better, help you get in your veggies, and allow for that weight loss to occur.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. If you find yourself drinking 1-2 glasses of wine a night or go out and drink in excess every weekend, simply cutting this down will help immensely with your weight loss! Alcohol has lots of calories in it and cutting it down will help you achieve a calorie deficit easier.
- MOVE! Just move. Don’t make it complicated. Any form of movement is excellent. A lot of women feel pressured to run to lose weight, that’s just not the case. Enjoy dancing? Great! Throw a dance party for one. Need a glass of water? Don’t ask your husband, get up and get it! Need to clean your house? Great way to get moving.
With these 5 simple steps, you will be on your way to starting a successful weight loss journey. Once you’ve mastered these steps, then it’s on to some more challenging topics!
Looking for more practical, straightforward nutrition information without the confusion?! Click here to join my free Facebook community for exclusive content, live training videos, and more!